Marion, OH Eye Exams
Our comprehensive eye examinations include:
- Thorough medical history – please bring a list of your current medications to your appointment
- Measurement of visual acuity and an accurate refraction for glasses, assisted by autorefraction (a computer-controlled machine providing an objective measurement of a person’s refractive error)
- Automated visual field testing to screen for dysfunction in central and peripheral vision which may be caused by various medical conditions such as glaucoma, stroke, brain tumors or other neurological deficits
- Examination of the whole visual system – this frequently includes pupil dilation to evaluate the retina and posterior anatomy of the eye – please consider bringing a driver to your exam
- Screening for and diagnosis of eye concerns such as glaucoma, cataracts, macular degeneration, and ocular surface disease
- Binocular vision evaluation to screen for loss of depth perception, strabismus and amblyopia
Thinking about contact lenses?
With today’s advancements in contact lens technology, most patients are contact lens candidates. We offer extended wear, single-use, multi-focal, toric for astigmatism, monovision, tinted and rigid gas permeable lenses. Additionally, custom designed contact lenses are prescribed for patients with conditions like Keratoconus and unusual prescriptions. If you’ve been told in the past that you are not a candidate for contact lenses, it is very likely today there is a lens for you.
What Our contact lens fittings include
- Autokeratometry – a diagnostic instrument for measuring the curvature of the anterior surface of the cornea
- Diagnostic contact lens trials
- One-on-one contact lens insertion and removal instruction
- 90-days of contact lens follow up care
Optional services we offer:
- Digital retinal photography – a specialized camera that examines the back of your eye, the retina, and provides early detection of conditions that affect not just your eyes, but also your overall health. The procedure is quick, comfortable and comprehensive.
- Dry eye therapy – dry eyes affect one out of every 6 people. Symptoms include burning, stinging, watering, and even blurred vision. Artificial tears may help, but new treatment options help to provide longer-lasting relief.
- Binocular vision therapy
DR. KELLY L. BRUCH
Dr. Kelly L. Bruch has been an optometrist at Buckeye Optical since it opened in 2006. She is a graduate of the University of Illinois and Indiana University School of Optometry. She also completed a postgraduate residency in Cornea and Contact Lenses at Indiana University School of Optometry.
DR. KRISTEN CURSARO
Dr. Kristen Cursaro attended The Ohio State University and achieved a bachelor’s degree in microbiology.
DR. Nidhi Satiani
Dr. Nidhi Satiani is excited to be a member of the Buckeye Optical team. She has practiced in a variety of settings including teaching at Ohio State, in retail settings, with ophthalmology, with other optometrists, and on various research projects.